Monnapule Saleng’s Orlando Pirates future still open despite transfer speculation

Ibrahim Sannie

Monnapule Saleng Monnapule Saleng   Monnapule Salengs Orlando Pirates future still open despite transfer speculation   AfricaSoccercom

Monnapule Saleng’s time at Orlando Pirates may not be over just yet, despite growing speculation over a potential departure and the imminent arrival of a possible replacement.

The 27-year-old winger has not featured for the Buccaneers since December’s CAF Champions League tie against Al Ahly, sparking rumours that he has already played his final game for the club.

However, sources close to the club suggest the door remains ajar for a potential return — if behind-the-scenes issues are resolved.

Saleng’s continued absence has coincided with reports of Orlando Pirates sealing a deal for 20-year-old Kabelo Kgositsile from Baroka FC. Many believe the highly rated youngster has been identified as a direct replacement.

Yet, club insiders maintain that squad depth has always been a key strategy for the Soweto giants, and Kgositsile’s arrival doesn’t necessarily signal the end of Saleng’s time at the club.

AfricaSoccer.com understands that the standoff stems from contractual complications rather than performance issues.

Pirates had previously described Saleng’s exclusion from matchday squads as “temporary,” while his representatives at P Management Sports labelled the matter as a professional dispute in need of resolution.

“Pirates are a club that strengthens in every position, so bringing in another winger doesn’t mean Saleng is being replaced,” a source close to the situation told AfricaSoccer.com.

“If the matters between his camp and the club can be settled before the end of the season, there is still a strong chance he could play again.”

With head coach Jose Riveiro reportedly still rating Saleng highly, and the club not issuing any definitive statement on his future, supporters remain hopeful that a return to action is possible.

For now, Saleng’s fate hangs in the balance, but if talks progress positively in the coming weeks, fans might yet see him don the iconic black and white once again.

Tags

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

# Related Post

Komlan Amewou Komlan Amewou   Amewou hoping to seize chance at Nimes after difficult season   AfricaSoccercom

Amewou hoping to seize chance at Nimes after difficult season

Nimes midfielder Komlan Amewou is approaching the new Ligue 2 season with renewed optimism after a frustrating last campaign at the club. In an exclusive interview, the Togo international said he has a point to prove this term after struggling for game time under former coach Thierry Froger. “I feel good compared to last year when I played very little and the coach had very little confidence in me,” the 28-year-old told AfricaSoccer.com. “Today, I have all the cards in hand to prove my talent. It was up to me to show him and everyone else that I was better than that.” Amewou believes new manager Victor Zvunka, who returned

Read More »
Sevilla await injury update on Nigerian forward Chidera Ejuke after early exit against Girona Sevilla await injury update on Nigerian forward Chidera Ejuke after early exit against Girona   Sevilla await injury update on Nigerian forward Chidera Ejuke after early exit against Girona   AfricaSoccercom

Sevilla await injury update on Nigerian forward Chidera Ejuke after early exit against Girona

Sevilla forward Chidera Ejuke was forced off the pitch after just 19 minutes in their La Liga clash against Girona on Saturday, raising concerns over a possible muscle injury. The 26-year-old Nigerian international was named in Sevilla’s starting line-up for the third matchday of the Spanish top flight but lasted less than half of the opening period. Ejuke signalled discomfort shortly after kick-off, prompting head coach Quique Sánchez Flores to replace him with Juanlu Sánchez. While the exact extent of his injury remains unclear, initial assessments suggest the forward could be dealing with a muscle problem. The club is awaiting the results of medical examinations to determine the severity of

Read More »
Ten Hag warns Nigerias Victor Boniface to prove himself amid Schick competition Ten Hag warns Nigerias Victor Boniface to prove himself amid Schick competition   Ten Hag warns Nigerias Victor Boniface to prove himself amid Schick competition   AfricaSoccercom

Ten Hag warns Nigeria’s Victor Boniface to prove himself amid Schick competition

Victor Boniface faces mounting pressure at Bayer Leverkusen after being dropped to the bench in favour of Patrik Schick, with manager Erik ten Hag issuing a blunt challenge for the Nigerian forward to reclaim his place. Boniface was left out of Leverkusen’s 3-3 draw with Werder Bremen and finds himself in a precarious position under Ten Hag, who recently replaced Xabi Alonso. Speaking about the 24-year-old striker’s absence, the Dutch coach was forthright: “Last week he wasn’t here, so he wasn’t in the squad. When he’s here, he can be part of the group,” Ten Hag said. The manager went further, making it clear that the Nigerian international will need

Read More »
Moroccan striker Hamza Igamane Scores twice on spectacular Lille debut Moroccan striker Hamza Igamane Scores twice on spectacular Lille debut   Moroccan striker Hamza Igamane Scores twice on spectacular Lille debut   AfricaSoccercom

Moroccan striker Hamza Igamane Scores twice on spectacular Lille debut

Hamza Igamane made an immediate impact on his Ligue 1 debut, scoring twice in Lille’s emphatic 7-1 win over Lorient on Saturday, August 30. The 21-year-old Moroccan forward, who recently joined Lille, started the match on the bench but was introduced by coach Bruno Genesio at the start of the second half with the game still goalless. Though quiet in his initial minutes on the pitch, Igamane struck decisively late in the game, netting his first goal in the 80th minute after pouncing on a rebound to head the ball past the Lorient goalkeeper. His confidence was evident moments later when he sealed his brace in stoppage time, converting in

Read More »
CAF delays ratification of $1 billion marketing deal after legal concerns CAF delays ratification of  billion marketing deal after legal concerns   CAF delays ratification of  billion marketing deal after legal concerns   AfricaSoccercom

CAF delays ratification of $1 billion marketing deal after legal concerns

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has postponed the ratification of a $1 billion marketing contract following legal concerns raised during its executive committee meeting on Saturday. The announcement came just hours before Morocco’s Oussama Lamlioui inspired his team to victory in the CHAN 2025 final in Nairobi, Kenya. The high-profile meeting of CAF’s executive committee was expected to finalize a new long-term commercial agreement, which would have secured over €855 million in revenue across an eight-year period. The deal was widely expected to be awarded to the American media and marketing giant IMG, which emerged as the frontrunner from a competitive bidding process. According to reports published on Friday

Read More »

Discover the ultimate blend of luxury and precision with the best replica watch. This stunning timepiece captures the essence of elegance and performance, making it the perfect accessory for both formal and casual occasions. Elevate your style without compromising your budget—experience sophistication today!

Mobile applications

Our mobile app is optimized for your phone. Download it for free!

Connect With Us

© 2025, Africa Soccer | All Rights Reserved.
WP Radio
WP Radio
OFFLINE LIVE