Malcom’s Al Hilal chapter closes as Al Jazira announce Brazilian forward
Al Hilal have formally ended Malcom’s contract, clearing the way for the Brazilian winger to begin a new chapter with United Arab Emirates club Al Jazira.
The Saudi Pro League side confirmed on Friday that its board had completed the contractual settlement required to release Malcom Filipe, who had been part of the first-team squad.
In a statement published on the club’s official website, Al Hilal said: “The board of directors of Al Hilal Club Company completed this evening, Friday, the procedures for signing a contractual settlement with first-team football player Malcom Filipe.”
The announcement came after Malcom had indicated on his Instagram account that he was moving to Al Jazira. His post meant that his next destination was effectively known before Al Hilal issued its confirmation that the relationship between the player and the club had ended.
Al Jazira subsequently confirmed the signing in an official announcement of their own, introducing the player by his full name, Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira.
The UAE club wrote: “Abu Dhabi’s pride settles for nothing but the best … and we are ready for the challenge. Malcom is Jazrawi! We are delighted to announce the signing of Brazilian forward Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira.”
The move brings to an end Malcom’s time with Al Hilal, although the club’s statement did not provide further details about the terms of the settlement or the length of his agreement with Al Jazira.
Malcom’s departure was announced alongside another change to Al Hilal’s first-team squad. The club also confirmed that it had agreed with French player Mathieu Patouillet to terminate the contractual relationship between them.
That decision was announced in a separate statement issued by Al Hilal’s board, which is chaired by Prince Nawaf bin Saad.
“Al Hilal Club Company’s board of directors, headed by His Highness Prince Nawaf bin Saad, and first-team football player Mathieu Patouillet have agreed to end the contractual relationship linking the player with the club, wishing the player continued success in his future career,” the statement said.
The two announcements mark a notable period of change for Al Hilal, with both Malcom and Mathieu Patouillet leaving after agreements were reached to bring their contracts to an end.
Malcom’s future had been the main focus of attention before Friday’s statement because of his social-media announcement. Al Jazira’s confirmation then followed Al Hilal’s release, formally completing the sequence of announcements surrounding the Brazilian’s move.
The clubs did not disclose additional information about the financial arrangements involved in either departure. Al Hilal’s official communication focused on the completion of the settlement with Malcom and the agreement to end its contract with Mathieu Patouillet, while Al Jazira’s statement celebrated the arrival of the Brazilian forward.
