Egypt coach Hossam Hassan reportedly faints after wives’ restaurant fight

Share This Article:
Egypt coach Hossam Hassan reportedly faints after wives’ restaurant fight

Egypt national team coach Hossam Hassan reportedly collapsed after a confrontation between his two wives during a family dinner at a luxury resort in Egypt.

The incident is said to have taken place on Tuesday at Porto Marina, an Egyptian resort, according to a report by Al Arabiya. Hassan was reportedly present when an argument between the two women escalated into a physical altercation.

The report says the family had been dining together when tensions rose. One of Hassan’s wives married him in 2012, while the other became his wife in 2015.

As the dispute intensified, resort security staff and relatives intervened in an attempt to separate the women and restore order. Hassan is said to have fainted during the commotion after becoming overwhelmed by what was happening around him.

He reportedly regained consciousness shortly afterwards. Al Arabiya further claimed that Hassan then declared he would divorce his first wife.

The account has not been independently verified, and the report did not provide further details about the circumstances surrounding the alleged confrontation or Hassan’s condition after he recovered.

The reported incident comes a little more than a month after Hassan guided Egypt through a historic 2026 FIFA World Cup campaign. The Pharaohs reached the knockout stages of the competition for the first time in their history.

Hassan, one of the most prominent figures in Egyptian football, is in charge of the national side as it prepares for the next stage of its international programme. However, the report concerning the alleged family dispute has drawn attention because of the coach’s reported reaction and the setting in which the incident took place.

The story follows a number of recent football reports attracting attention beyond the pitch, including coverage of Orlando Pirates’ message to the world, ‘AmaThalente awafani’, and Cape Town City’s launch of a new home kit.

No further information was provided in the report about whether any formal action was taken after the incident at Porto Marina.

Share This Article: