Tottenham rocked as Kolo Muani and Dominic Solanke ruled out of Wolves clash
Tottenham Hotspur manager Thomas Frank has confirmed that forwards Kolo Muani and Dominic Solanke will both miss Saturday’s Premier League meeting with Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The Spurs boss delivered the update during his pre-match press conference as he outlined his squad’s fitness situation ahead of the fixture.
Tottenham remain unbeaten in their last 15 home league games against sides starting the day bottom of the table, winning 12 of them, but Frank was quick to stress that “anything can happen” at the weekend.
Muani, who has Congolese roots, and Solanke, of Nigerian descent, are two of the club’s most high-profile attacking options and their absence represents a blow for the North London side.
Frank explained that Muani picked up a dead leg in training this week after a collision with midfielder Pape Matar Sarr.
“It’s just dragging on so he won’t be available,” Frank said. “Dead legs can be quick things or they can drag on.”
On Solanke, Frank revealed the striker is still struggling with an issue that has kept him out for several weeks.
“Dom is not available. It’s just been a little bit tricky,” he said. “It’s still not perfect but it’s moving in the right direction. When there’s a bit of pain it’s about getting it right. He wasn’t on the grass today but he was earlier in the week.”
Despite the setbacks, Frank expressed optimism about the fitness of midfielder Pape Matar Sarr, who has returned to training.
“Latest is that everyone who was available for Doncaster is available again. Pape trained today so that’s positive,” he said.
Tottenham will be hoping to extend their impressive record against struggling sides but must do so without two of their leading forwards.
