Bayern Munich trust Saibari, Karl and Gnabry to cover Musiala role
Bayern Munich do not plan to sign a replacement for Jamal Musiala this summer, despite the Germany international being monitored after suffering a temporary neurological disorder.
The club continue to give Musiala their full support and are prepared to allow him the time and patience required for his recovery, according to German journalist Florian Plettenberg of Sky.
Bayern believe they already have several players capable of operating in the attacking midfield position usually occupied by Musiala. Among those identified as possible alternatives are Lennart Karl, Ismael Saibari and Serge Gnabry.
Plettenberg posted on social media: “🚨EXCL | Clear decision at FC Bayern: No replacement for Jamal Musiala planned.100% support for Musiala. The club are giving him the time and patience he needs.FC Bayern also have several alternatives for the No. 10 position, including Lennart Karl, Ismael Saibari and Serge…pic.twitter.com/oEOadG5jNQ”
Musiala announced on Wednesday that he is undergoing medical monitoring after collapsing twice on the pitch within the space of three days.
The 23-year-old said doctors had diagnosed him with temporary and treatable neurological problems, while stressing that there was no serious risk to his health.
His first collapse came during Bayern Munich’s 3-1 friendly victory over RB Leipzig last Saturday. Musiala had only recently entered the game as a substitute and had scored the third goal before falling to the ground without any contact with another player.
A similar incident occurred during Bayern Munich’s 4-2 win against Heidenheim on Tuesday.
Musiala had previously spent about six months out after suffering a fractured fibula and a dislocated ankle. He returned to action for Bayern during the second half of last season before representing Germany at the 2026 World Cup.
The latest developments have prompted Bayern to assess their options in the number 10 role, but the club’s current position is that no new signing is necessary. Saibari is among the players being considered for increased responsibility, alongside the younger Karl and the more experienced Gnabry.
Bayern’s decision reflects their intention to continue supporting Musiala rather than immediately recruiting a player specifically to replace him. The club’s available alternatives mean they can cover the position internally while the Germany international receives medical follow-up.
Musiala’s two incidents happened without a challenge from an opponent, but he has said the condition is temporary and can be treated. Bayern therefore intend to remain patient and have not changed their plans for the summer transfer window as a result of his diagnosis.
The German side’s decision also leaves Saibari competing with Karl and Gnabry for opportunities in the attacking midfield position, rather than making any of the three an official replacement for Musiala.
