The Tunisian Football Federation has condemned what it described as acts of sabotage targeting video assistant refereeing equipment at the March 7 Stadium in Ben Guerdane, pledging legal proceedings and disciplinary sanctions.
In a statement issued on the day of the incident, the federation said the VAR system had been deliberately damaged, resulting in significant material losses at the venue.
The governing body characterised the episode as a serious blow to the image of national football and to the security of sporting infrastructure.
It confirmed that legal action would be pursued against anyone found responsible.
The federation also announced plans to strengthen disciplinary measures in an effort to prevent similar incidents in the future.
It stressed that protecting competition integrity and enforcing regulations would remain a priority.
In its communication, the organisation rejected what it called provocative statements or remarks capable of fuelling tension.
It urged the relevant authorities to ensure that existing rules are applied rigorously.
Attention was also directed towards officiating standards.
The federation called on the National Arbitration Directorate to assume full responsibility and to impose firm sanctions on referees who commit major errors despite the availability of VAR technology.
Reaffirming its position, the federation said it remains committed to safeguarding the credibility of domestic competitions and to ensuring that the law is enforced without compromise.
The incident at the March 7 Stadium has prompted renewed focus on the protection of match-day infrastructure and the role of video technology within Tunisian football.






