MC Alger head coach Rulani Mokwena says he is focused on the rest of the season following their elimination from the CAF Champions League.
The Algerian side suffered a 2-0 defeat against South African side Mamelodi Sundowns in their final group game on Saturday afternoon at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium.
Mokwena’s side, who sat second in the group heading into the decisive fixture, needed only a draw to secure a place in the quarter-finals.
The defeat led to direct questions about the 39-year-old’s future with The People’s Club, particularly given the swift managerial changes often seen amongst North African clubs after major setbacks.
Speaking after the game Mokwena declined to comment on his future, describing it as “a club decision.”
“I do not know, I really do not know,” Mokwena said.
“That is up to the club. I am focused on what is left of the remainder of the season.
“That is a question that is not within my control.”
Despite his stance that the matter is beyond his control, a departure appears unlikely at this stage, considering that Alger have enjoyed a strong domestic campaign under his guidance.
The former Sundowns mentor, who took charge at the beginning of the season, has already brought silverware to the club, lifting the Super Cup last month.
Mokwena currently has his team sitting atop the Algerian Premier League standings and firmly in contention for the league title and will face MC Oran in the Algerian topflight.







